The Danish Masters are over, and as predicted the amount of rust I carried around – combined with less than a week to prepare – left me with a less than optimal result.
I fixed him up a bit and got down to painting. I’ve had the flue and a throat infection of some sort since Thursday but today it’s clearing up a bit. The upside was getting some work done on the Circle project in the periods between coughing up blood of shaking with the fever.
I’ve decided to swallow my pride and replace Sloan with Cain2, because of his power in several of Haleys difficult matchups (like Ossyan).
A couple of years ago I argued that you could learn as much by winning as you could by losing, but I never really managed to get the local rookies to analyze their games to an extent where that was actually true.
The model I’ve chosen for this was painted entirely in a single evening, and the actual time spent painting was considerable less than two hours. I cooked dinner, watched a movie, did the laundry, and still finished with time to spare.
This week I’ve squeezed in three games with Nemo3. It… could have gone better.